Tuesday, December 19, 2006

My friend who only needs two friends!

Have you ever thought of how many friends you need in your life?

Well, few days ago, my good friend told me that he only needs two friends in his life. One of them is me which made me feel really honored. However, he didn’t tell me who the other friend was.

This good friend of mine has an interesting character. I have known him for ages and I see him as an interesting person because his thinking is different from regular people. If you don’t know him, you would think that he is strange.

Well, I was a bit shocked when he told me he only needs two friends. I thought how could a person go through life with only two friends? He said what’s the point of having so many friends and most of them are not Relevant to you in life.

H
ave you ever thought of using the word “Relevant” to measure your friendship? I was wondering how he came out with this word. If I am going to use this word, I would say all my friends are relevant to me. Definitely they are there for some purposes or else they aren’t my friends anymore.

It is interesting to have this kind of friend because he makes me think. Maybe he is not very normal, but sometime he is right also. Even though I have so many friends in so many countries, but how many of them can really help me and listen to me when I have problem or when I feel depress? I would say only one who is becoming a priest soon. However, he is so far away and we can only communicate through email.

Thus, this made me think again, do I really need so many friends like most people or I only need a few friends like the interesting friend of mine?

No comments: